[mythtv-users] Ubuntu remote setup

Mitchell Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:29:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am upgrading my mythtv setup from version .29 to .32.  I have everything
working except my remote.  I installed Mythbuntu CC and configured my
remote.  I am able to use the arrow keys and the power button sleeps the
machine (dont want).  Doing some reading i think my remote is emulating a
keyboard with ir-keytable.  when i do "ir-keytables -t" I can see all the
button presses.  BUT when i go into mythtv and try and program buttons such
as back, ok, or jumppoints it shows nothing.  is there a config file
between ir-keytables and mythtv that i am missing?  Last time i did this it
was all with LIRC should i switch back?

using a MCE remote:
mitchell at mythtv:~$ sudo ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ with:
        Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (1934:5168)
        Driver: mceusb
        Default keymap: rc-rc6-mce
        Input device: /dev/input/event7
        LIRC device: /dev/lirc0
        Attached BPF protocols: Operation not supported
        Supported kernel protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo
mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp imon rc-mm
        Enabled kernel protocols: lirc rc-6
        bus: 3, vendor/product: 1934:5168, version: 0x0001
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms