[mythtv-users] NFS Kernel problem

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jan 31 13:58:44 UTC 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 6:43 AM, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

> Not specifically MythTV related but it's preventing me
> from starting MythTV.  I have all my recordings nfs
> mounted, and I have a power outage last night which
> apparently corrupted the nfs part of my Kernel.
> I'm running FC3, upgraded via apt-get.  How can
> I repair this (or find the specifics of nfs that are broken)
> without rebuilding my whole system?  I'm already
> going through MythTV withdrawal, and I don't even
> have anything scheduled to record tonight!

Wow, I think a "partially corrupted kernel" is like a "partially
pregnant girlfriend". Are you certain it is the kernel? Since it is
stored in compressed form I would think that it would fail to de-
compress properly if it were really "corrupted".  It's unlikely you
could even boot it.

I suppose if you are using modular nfs support the module could be
corrupt, but in that case it's unlikely it would even load.

I suspect you should look elsewhere other than the kernel for the
source of your problems.

Just my thoughts, I could very well be wrong here.