[mythtv-users] Potential IPTV additions for Myth

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Jan 26 22:31:52 UTC 2006

Robert Johnston wrote:
> On 1/26/06, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

>>> I'm proposing that, for those people who have an IPTV television
>>> provider.
>>>
>> You're also proposing the same thing you've been proposing for quite a while
>> now.  Seems to be rather less productive than actually working on code.
>>

> I realise that, but the extent of my C/C++ knowledge is:
>
> #include <iostream.h>
>
> void main() {
>    printf("Hello World/n");
> }
>

> I'm looking to see what I can do, trying to learn C and C++ so I can
> contribute more to this project, and digging up all the information
> that I can, so that someone with greater skill in development can put
> something together, rather than waiting for me to learn C (by which
> time Myth will be at version 3.93).

You might want to, instead of mailing the list once a month, create an
entry in the Wishlist on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ for the IPTV
support, then make that a Wiki link to a page about the IPTV standards
and include your research.  Then it will be accessible to anyone
desiring the information and someone wanting to code it will have it.
Otherwise, as you mail the list, it seems to simply take up bandwidth
for idle musing and wishing for features that generate comments like
"show me the code"

Kevin