[mythtv-users] Potential IPTV additions for Myth

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 22:15:37 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2006 14:46, Robert Johnston wrote:
> > On 1/26/06, Dave Bixler <dbixler at wbs-wireless.com> wrote:
> > > An awesome idea if I must say so -- that is if I completely understand
> > > what you're proposing :).
> >
> > I'm proposing that, for those people who have an IPTV television
> > provider.
>
> You're also proposing the same thing you've been proposing for quite a while
> now.  Seems to be rather less productive than actually working on code.

I realise that, but the extent of my C/C++ knowledge is:

#include <iostream.h>

void main() {
   printf("Hello World/n");
}

I'm looking to see what I can do, trying to learn C and C++ so I can
contribute more to this project, and digging up all the information
that I can, so that someone with greater skill in development can put
something together, rather than waiting for me to learn C (by which
time Myth will be at version 3.93).

I am willing to undertake this myself, if no-one else is willing. But
for those who would like (Or need) this functionality, I'd recommend
they don't hold their breath.

So, on a related note, does anyone have any good C/C++ training
materials, and any kind of reference for the Myth codebase?

Thanks in Advance.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston