[mythtv-users] XvMC, GF6200, FC4, and a black screen....

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 00:23:36 UTC 2006

On 1/15/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 03:23 -0700, Blammo wrote:
> > Any secrets to getting a 6200 happy with XvMC under FC4? Pulled out a
> > working-for-more-than-a-year-GF5200 from a frontend, replaced it with
> > a 6200.
>
> Unfortunately the GeForce 6xxx & 7xxx cards don't provide very good
> XVideo support. I have a GeForce 6200 sitting in my box of forgotten
> electronics for this reason. I believe they want us to write OpenGL
> shader programs for doing video decompression, color conversion and
> scaling. No one has volunteered to write such a beast for MythTV yet.
>
> My 6200 was supposed to upgrade a 5200 so I could drive a new monitor,
> but I ended up upgrading to an old 5800 instead, it works much better
> with video than the 6200 and it can drive my new DVI monitor too.

After much pain and suffering, I got it working by setting NVAGP "1"
in the config file.

However, now I hook up the componant dongle, and I'm back where I started.

I think I'm going to try compiling AGPGART as a module (Fedora4) so I
can try NVAGP, see if that solves some of the oddness.

I, like you, was hoping this was an upgrade to the 5700 that was in
the box... It was smooth for the playoffs this weekend, but I'm trying
to get the dongle working.

I'll let you know how it does.