[mythtv-users] DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 Lite vs HD3000

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:57:15 UTC 2006

I have both cards and the DVICO receiver performs much better.  The HD3000
would not lock or would occasionally lose lock on many of my local
stations.  The DVICO only loses lock under very bad weather conditions.

Another thing, for awhile I had both in my Myth box at the same time, I was
using the HD3000 as a second, lower priority tuner but when connected to the
same antenna, they would interfer which each other and I believe I got a bit
of a ground loop since the DVICO card would get warm.  I finally replaced
the HD3000 with a second DVICO Fusion 5 lite and it has been working great.

John