[mythtv-users] DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 Lite vs HD3000

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Fri Jan 13 19:05:08 UTC 2006

On Jan 13, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Brandon Beattie wrote:
> The Fusion 5 Gold does have a fifth generation tuner, but if I
> remember
> right the Fusion 5 Lite and the pcHDTV HD-3000 both have
> 4th generation.  The difference in generations from 4-5 is multi-path
> reception and some attempts to better handle receiving signals when
> the
> antenna is in motion (ie, a car).

You make good points about picture quality with respect to Digital
(ATSC) vs Analog (NTSC) tuners, it's all about the antenna, quality
cable runs, and if needed, quality splitters.

Is the Fusion 5 Gold supported as well as the Fusion 5 Lite in recent
released kernels?

You also make good points about pcHDTV and supporting their efforts.
Obviously I'm going to ask myself just "how important is multipath
signal support to me" when making my purchase.

Thanks for the details thus far.

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1