[mythtv-users] DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 Lite vs HD3000

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Fri Jan 13 18:10:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:57:15AM -0800, John Lundell wrote:
> I have both cards and the DVICO receiver performs much better.  The HD3000
> would not lock or would occasionally lose lock on many of my local
> stations.  The DVICO only loses lock under very bad weather conditions.
>
> Another thing, for awhile I had both in my Myth box at the same time, I was
> using the HD3000 as a second, lower priority tuner but when connected to the
> same antenna, they would interfer which each other and I believe I got a bit
> of a ground loop since the DVICO card would get warm.  I finally replaced
> the HD3000 with a second DVICO Fusion 5 lite and it has been working great.

Just curious, did you swap the cables to the cards?  I've seen cable
splitters favor one output by as much as 20%.  I haven't heard of any
reports of interence between any models of air2pc and pcHDTV cards.
I've not tried the fusion cards though.  I have 4 HD-3000's in one box
right now, and know others who have run the air2pc's and pcHDTV cards
fine.  I doubt it's the HD-3000's as they've been around for some time
and have a very good track record, whereas the fusion are new and less
tested.

--Brandon