[mythtv-users] XM Radio Functionality in Myth

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:18:24 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Meatwad <meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would suspect that for such a plugin to actually be released with
> mythtv, certain conditions would need to be met such as a reliable
> program data source for the XM content so that the recordings could be
> handled by the existing scheduler framework. I recall Isaac disallowing
> the MythFM plugin from releases because it did not meet this requirement.

XM releases a program schedule.  Granted, they don't release their
playlists in advanced (that'd be an insane ammount of information).
Also, obviously, the signal sends the current program information with
it.

What I'd like to see is a plugin that might be able to evolve, such as
the following:

1) retrieve the on-line stream - allows you to listen at around
128Kbps and it also provides you the current program/song info.  This
is the functionality that I believe Windows XP MCE has.  Anyone
besides me seen the interface?  It's pretty clean, and informative

2) retrieve the satellite stream - Obviously, this will be techology
dependant, but maybe someday in the future we could hook up a
receiver.  Or maybe have some form of card or box that plugs directly
in to the antenna and the backed.

3) record - Right now, I don't care if it can timeshift or not.  I'd
be happy if I could simply listen to it in realtime and not worry
about recording or timeshifting.

Thanks!
Matt