[mythtv-users] Can MythTV ignore the keyboard and only use a remote?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 09:26:58 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Schlaegel <vthtym0505 at schlaegel.com> wrote:
> My ultimate goal is to have PVR functionality that is completely
> independent of what I am doing on the PC. For this to work I need,
> (1)live TV functionality to take minimal processor load, and (2)MythTV
> to only use the remote control for input and completely ignore the
> system's keyboard and mouse.
>
> Is this possible? I have done google searches and read from the MythTV
> howto, but still not found my answer.

You want to have a keyboard and mouse connected, but not used by
MythTV, right? You should be able to do this by giving MythTV it's own
ServerLayout section in the X config file. Basically you can tell X
that one screen, the mouse, and the keyboard go together and the other
screen (or TV) is separate. Do a search on configuring X or a man
xorg.conf for more info.

Steve