[mythtv-users] Can MythTV ignore the keyboard and only use a remote?

Schlaegel vthtym0505 at schlaegel.com
Wed Jan 11 08:06:24 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> You want to have a keyboard and mouse connected, but not used by
> MythTV, right? You should be able to do this by giving MythTV it's own
> ServerLayout section in the X config file. Basically you can tell X
> that one screen, the mouse, and the keyboard go together and the other
> screen (or TV) is separate. Do a search on configuring X or a man
> xorg.conf for more info.

Yes, I want to have a keyboard and mouse connected, but not used by
MythTV. Can you elaborate on this setup, or point me to some
documentations. I figured I only needed to setup an X server on the
350 if I wanted to use non-myth programs. Doesn't using an X server on
the 350 bypass the internal decoder?