[mythtv-users] Can MythTV ignore the keyboard and only use a remote?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 09:02:32 UTC 2006

> My ultimate goal is to have PVR functionality that is completely
> independent of what I am doing on the PC. For this to work I need,
> (1)live TV functionality to take minimal processor load, and (2)MythTV
> to only use the remote control for input and completely ignore the
> system's keyboard and mouse.

No problem.  That's how I use mine - no monitor, keyboard or mouse.
Myth (particularly the PVR parts of it) are easy to use with only a
remote.

For maintenance I'd say you'd want the ability to remotely log in to
it from another machine over the network though, using ssh or vnc for
example.  Otherwise you'll be lugging a monitor and keyboard around
every few weeks.  In any case, the mythweb interface to the PVR is
particularly cool.

Happy Myth-ing