[mythtv-users] Fail to tune channels in UK using Rowridge transmitter

Myth TV mythtv at fsmail.net
Sun Jan 8 09:33:25 UTC 2006

I have been unable to tune my MythTV to any channel at all.

I am using the latest Hauppauge Nova-t DVB card and thanks to Dave I have remove the cx88_blackbird and replace it with cx88_dvb driver instead and mythtv can now pick up the card in the card definition page.

I have populated the EPG database with mythfilldatabase.

However I am unable to tune it to any channel at all.

I have checked the card and reception using the dvb-utils and dvbstream.

I have managed to get all 85 Freeview channels information using the command :-

# scan -u /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-t/uk-Rowridge >.tzap/channels.conf

and example of the BBC1 channel information I got is in the attached file.

I am then able to use the following commands to watch BBC1 channel using the dvbstream :-

# tzap -r "BBC ONE"

# dvbstream -o -ps 600 601 -qam 16 -cr 3_4 | xine stdin://mpeg2

When trying to tune to BBC1 using the frequency tested under tzap/dvbsteam of 489833330 I still get nothing.  I get the same if I try to use the Full Scan option.

Can someone please help me with the tuning of my card.