[mythtv-users] Fail to tune channels in UK using Rowridgetransmitter

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 11:05:50 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Myth TV" <mythtv at fsmail.net>
To: "mythtv-users" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:33 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Fail to tune channels in UK using
Rowridgetransmitter

> However I am unable to tune it to any channel at all.
>
> I have checked the card and reception using the dvb-utils and dvbstream.
>
> I have managed to get all 85 Freeview channels information using the
> command :-
>
> # scan -u /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-t/uk-Rowridge
>  >.tzap/channels.conf
>
> and example of the BBC1 channel information I got is in the attached file.
>
> I am then able to use the following commands to watch BBC1 channel using
> the dvbstream :-
>
> # tzap -r "BBC ONE"
>
> # dvbstream -o -ps 600 601 -qam 16 -cr 3_4 | xine stdin://mpeg2
>
> When trying to tune to BBC1 using the frequency tested under tzap/dvbsteam
> of 489833330 I still get nothing.  I get the same if I try to use the Full
> Scan option.
>
> Can someone please help me with the tuning of my card.

I assume your running the latest *stable* mythtv. When you say "When trying
to tune to BBC1 using the frequency tested under tzap/dvbsteam of 489833330
I still get nothing" Where did you put this frequency? From looking at your
attachments, if you didn't do so already you want to create a new transport
with the following details:
Standard:     DVB
Frequency:   489833330
Bandwidth:   8 MHz
Inversion:      Auto
Constellation: QAM 16
LP Coderate: Auto (I never bothered figuring out which was which out of
these two so just left em at auto)
HP Coderate: Auto
Trans. Mode: 2K
Gaurd Interval: 1/32
Hierachy: None

YMMV

But I had to set up ALL of my 6 transports for WinterHill manually. The
above will only give you BBC channels if the scan works.

HTH

Steve