[mythtv-users] Mythweb and episode numbers

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jan 6 08:26:57 UTC 2006

> Thanks!  I assume it'd be fairly easy for me to look at the SVN patch
> and backport to 18.1?  (SVN is too unstable for me, and I haven't yet
> looked carefully at how mythweb has changed between the two.)

HUGE code structure changes...  you could pick at it, but the patch
itself definitely wouldn't apply.

> ???  I'm confused.  I was under the impression that feature requests
> were very much discouraged in trac unless they were accompanied by
> the code to implement them as well; I believe I read that somewhere
> on the main myth webpages that talk about how myth and trac are used.
> Am I misinformed? [*]  (I recall something about "feature requests
> in trac submitted without patches will be closed without notice" or
> some such phrasing, which struck me as an awful idea, because it would
> mean that random devs couldn't just say, "Hmmm, what quick hack has
> someone requested that I might work on?")

I use it for feature requests..  maybe the other devs don't, but that's
where people tend to put them, and it's one of the only places to put
info that is guaranteed to be looked at.

> I'd be very happy to submit feature requests to trac if I was wrong;
> I also have a bug report [1] on mythweb's bizarre handling of manual
> recordings in 18.1 that I'll submit to trac, since when I mentioned it
> on -users it got zero response; which made it difficult for me to know
> if it was already fixed in SVN and thus invalid as a report.  And I
> thought I read somewhere that mythweb development was on hiatus;
> apparently I was wrong about that, too... :)  I'd be ecstatic if I
> could punt the main UI (except for FF/REW/etc) in place of mythweb
> functionality completely, and with just a few improvements I think I
> could...

Please check svn before submitting info about stuff like that. SO much
has changed in svn that much of this is probably irrelevant.

> [*] I can't actually find that text now, though in hunting around, I
> note that [2] has a bunch of wishes that seem like they might be fixed
> in SVN at least; I could prune it a bit if someone else would
> sanity-check the edits and check it back in.
>
> [1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/164995

in svn, myth has completely changed how it handles manual recordings...
  Pretty sure this is a moot point now.

-Chris