[mythtv-users] Mythweb and episode numbers

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Jan 6 07:26:24 UTC 2006

    Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 22:38:44 -0800
    From: Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net>

    Done.  I don't use the frontend for much other than watching an
    occasional show and cutting commercials -- didn't really know what the
    details page looked like and what info was available.

Thanks!  I assume it'd be fairly easy for me to look at the SVN patch
and backport to 18.1?  (SVN is too unstable for me, and I haven't yet
looked carefully at how mythweb has changed between the two.)

    Anyway, next time please submit feature requests to
    http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/

???  I'm confused.  I was under the impression that feature requests
were very much discouraged in trac unless they were accompanied by
the code to implement them as well; I believe I read that somewhere
on the main myth webpages that talk about how myth and trac are used.
Am I misinformed? [*]  (I recall something about "feature requests
in trac submitted without patches will be closed without notice" or
some such phrasing, which struck me as an awful idea, because it would
mean that random devs couldn't just say, "Hmmm, what quick hack has
someone requested that I might work on?")

I'd be very happy to submit feature requests to trac if I was wrong;
I also have a bug report [1] on mythweb's bizarre handling of manual
recordings in 18.1 that I'll submit to trac, since when I mentioned it
on -users it got zero response; which made it difficult for me to know
if it was already fixed in SVN and thus invalid as a report.  And I
thought I read somewhere that mythweb development was on hiatus;
apparently I was wrong about that, too... :)  I'd be ecstatic if I
could punt the main UI (except for FF/REW/etc) in place of mythweb
functionality completely, and with just a few improvements I think I
could...

[*] I can't actually find that text now, though in hunting around, I
note that [2] has a bunch of wishes that seem like they might be fixed
in SVN at least; I could prune it a bit if someone else would
sanity-check the edits and check it back in.

[1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/164995
[2] http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UserWishList