[mythtv-users] Easiest way to burn shows to DVD?

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Mon Jan 2 19:13:33 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Baumeister" <jens.baumeister at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Easiest way to burn shows to DVD?

Could you post the package versions and any error messages you get
while installing or running the software?

Hi Jens,
    thanks for that.   Sounds like Mythburn is the way to go.

   My problem with install is that readin the HowTo

it states:
" Take special note of dvdauthor/imagemagick versions: dvdauthor < 0.6.12
does NOT work with imagemagick > 6.0.7.x."

 Whereas I have installed:

I cannot find an update for dvdauthor beyond 0.6.11 which is the latest on
Likewise I dont know how to downgrade ImageMagick to 6.0.7.x or if doing so
will break anything else.

Hence I stopped at this point in the howto.      Any further advice would be
welcome, thanks.  eg, can I downgrade ImageMackick with apt-get?    (sorry I
am not a Linux expert I just try to follow the instructions !!)

thanks again,