[mythtv-users] Easiest way to burn shows to DVD?

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 20:48:57 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, Dave Ansell <dave at theansells.com> wrote:

> " Take special note of dvdauthor/imagemagick versions: dvdauthor < 0.6.12
> does NOT work with imagemagick > 6.0.7.x."

[...]
> I cannot find an update for dvdauthor beyond 0.6.11 which is the latest on
> sourceforge.

There's a page with alpha releases of dvdauthor 0.6.12 here:

http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/alpha/

However I'm not sure whether one should be installing alpha software,
especially since I've got dvdauthor 0.6.11 and imagemagick 6.2.4.2-r1
installed, and things work for me, so I'm not sure why the HOWTO
states this.

> Likewise I dont know how to downgrade ImageMagick to 6.0.7.x or if doing so
> will break anything else.
[...]
> Any further advice would be
> welcome, thanks.  eg, can I downgrade ImageMackick with apt-get?

I never used apt-get - perhaps someone else can shed some light onto
this: Is it more advisable to try downgrading ImageMagick or are the
requirements in  the HOWTO wrong?

Jens