[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Connect 4K?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 21:26:00 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 6:04 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> Is that intended to only be a temporary change?  Your phrasing pretty
> strongly implies that it is.

btw, TTBOMK, this "adjustment" is only
to the modern streaming channel numbering
(because the SD ecosystem only uses
the modern streaming protocols).

I would guess that applications that tune
by freq/pid would presumably still get the
raw data and they would need to parse to
determine the major.minor (which likely
overlaps the existing major.minor for
the local ATSC 1.0 broadcasts).

It should also be noted that TTBOMK
the guide data providers are not directly
including these "adjusted" majors, so
one would might need to create channels
and xmltv-ids for these by hand (I again
presume the SD ecosystem has this taken
care of).

FD: I use the 3rd party HDHR external recorder
that uses the modern streaming protocols,
so that would be my primary approach and
interest should I ever consider purchasing
one of the new ATSC 3.0 tuners (and at
this time my DMA only has ATSC 3.0
broadcasters by press release, which does
not generate any usable signal (but it does
generate a lot of noise)).