[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 22:56:12 UTC 2021

I've been with mythtv for a very long time!

Here are my suggestions:

A) Continue to focus on mythtvbackend, since recording/commercial
flagging/transcoding are the favorite features.
B) De-emphasize the mythtv-frontend, because the frontend seems always
lagging Plex / Kodi, feature set, performance, and polish.
C) Instead of having your own mythtv-frontend, work to improve plugins and
integrations with Kodi/Plex, Android and other platforms.

I am an old-school mythtv person. I still run mythtv and the
mythtv-frontend because I am so used to it and it works for my purposes. I
run them on a mini-mac and a raspberry pi 4.
On my windows box, I use Kodi to access the recordings and watch from it.