[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:29:08 UTC 2021

> I use parallels lots and without doubt they did lots of work to accomadate
> Big Sur, but I;m not going to upgrade. I ran a Big Sur in a VM. From a
> technical (as opposed to 'now we join your facebook account . . .') I see
> no compelling reason.

Well, I kinda like getting security patches myself.  Apple tends to apply
more focus to the latest releases and only patches the "big known" stuff on
older OSes

I'm sure that my chan-7 ota recordings are damaged, but the linux fe copes.

Yep - ffmpeg (on linux) certainly is complaining a LOT about that file.
I'm out of time to keep looking today, but will investigate the cutlist
issue probably this weekend. Hopefully I can come up with a solution.

As a stop gap, you could write a post recording script that repairs /
transcodes the recordings for that specific channel. Patching mythtv is
certainly one solution here, but in the end that recording (and it sounds
like anything captured from that channel) is most definitely messed up and
should be fixed as well.