[mythtv-users] mac build

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Jan 27 13:01:44 UTC 2021

> On 27 Jan 2021, at 8:29 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I use parallels lots and without doubt they did lots of work to accomadate Big Sur, but I;m not going to upgrade. I ran a Big Sur in a VM. From a technical (as opposed to 'now we join your facebook account . . .') I see no compelling reason.
>
> Well, I kinda like getting security patches myself.  Apple tends to apply more focus to the latest releases and only patches the "big known" stuff on older OSes
>
> I'm sure that my chan-7 ota recordings are damaged, but the linux fe copes.
>
> Yep - ffmpeg (on linux) certainly is complaining a LOT about that file.  I'm out of time to keep looking today, but will investigate the cutlist issue probably this weekend. Hopefully I can come up with a solution.
>
> As a stop gap, you could write a post recording script that repairs / transcodes the recordings for that specific channel. Patching mythtv is certainly one solution here, but in the end that recording (and it sounds like anything captured from that channel) is most definitely messed up and should be fixed as well.

I've been doing my editing in a VM, but transcoding may well be the answer.
I'll investigate. A lossless cut is NOT the answer, a byte by byte rebuild is what is needed (ideas anyone)(ffmpeg ??).

BTW I'm 10 km from transmitter site, with a professionally installed multi-element external antenna running type N cable by a clueless tech who had no idea of the effect of "another access plug"

But the problem is not limited to a single channel, but interestingly all the 200MHz channels (OK 186, 223 etc) have an issue, the 500MHz did not.

James