[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Rock Pi X

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Jan 14 17:04:00 UTC 2021

On 14/01/2021 16:43, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> James,
> Thanks for your reply.  Arm-based Myth Frontends are off my list until
> I see a report that 1) they can do HD without stuttering (which I
> experienced with a Pi 3 with the MPEG license installed) , and 2) I
> can set one up without a lot of hassle.
> For the Rock Pi X I simply installed Fedora 33, installed the
> rpmfusion repo rpms, and installed and configured MythTV in the same
> way that I've done many times.

I've been using one of these as frontend for a few months now:
https://store.minisforum.com/collections/intel%C2%AE-celeron%C2%AE-series/products/minisforum-n40-mini-pc
  Very pleased with it. Has played everything I've thrown at it
flawlessly, including UK BBC 1080i, which can be problematic on some setups.

Cheers,
	Paul.