[mythtv-users] MythTV Light on RPi 3b

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Wed Jan 13 19:14:17 UTC 2021

On 11/01/2021 23:33, James Linder wrote:
> A sincere question, without prejudice :-)
>
> Why RaPi, what does a rapi do better than a NUC

I assume you have one and know the answer? :-)

If that is the case, I'd love to hear about your experience.

The main thing a RPi does better for me, is that I have one, and a NUC
I'd have to buy and set up.

Otherwise, the cheapest I can find around here is a NUC7CJYH2 for €115
with Celeron J4005 and UHD Graphics 600. I assume that would do the job
as a frontend (and probably a backend, too, with an external HD).

I can get a RPi 4b for €77. The reports here say it makes a reasonable
frontend, and it's supporting the local economy in Wales (admittedly and
that of Sony).

Only my view. Please feel free to argue differently.

Regards

Jeff