[mythtv-users] MythTV Light on RPi 3b

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Jan 13 23:50:57 UTC 2021

> On 14 Jan 2021, at 3:14 am, Jeff <jffry at posteo.net> wrote:
>
> On 11/01/2021 23:33, James Linder wrote:
>> A sincere question, without prejudice :-)
>> Why RaPi, what does a rapi do better than a NUC
>
> I assume you have one and know the answer? :-)
>
> If that is the case, I'd love to hear about your experience.
>
> The main thing a RPi does better for me, is that I have one, and a NUC I'd have to buy and set up.
>
> Otherwise, the cheapest I can find around here is a NUC7CJYH2 for €115 with Celeron J4005 and UHD Graphics 600. I assume that would do the job as a frontend (and probably a backend, too, with an external HD).
>
> I can get a RPi 4b for €77. The reports here say it makes a reasonable frontend, and it's supporting the local economy in Wales (admittedly and that of Sony).
>
> Only my view. Please feel free to argue differently.

Jeff ta
no my question was real. I have a gen-8 i3 nuc with ssd as my backend and a few frontends - mac and nuc. While the video is OK it is not stella. I have not tried my rapi and I have (for another project) a rockpi 4.

(these are cute rapi like boards, that can run on m2 flash, 6 core)
(They can run debian-buster) but my build attempt failed

I'm going to install android and try the myth-android
I wanted a critical apprasial.
I have gleaned nice things about Shield so I'll try rockpi.

Thanks
James