[mythtv-users] 6.6 Short Schedule

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:06:08 UTC 2021

Hi Mike!

> You can disable EIT on the video source (which will disable it on all
> channels in the video source, regardless of whether they're marked as
> enabled), on the channels individually, or on the capture cards.

I don’t think I originally enabled EIT when I configured the Backend a
couple years ago. The only Source/Input listed is “Antenna” and AFAIK
just SchedulesDirect as EIT did not seem worthwhile.

> Note, too, that your lack of data probably indicates that you have a
> problem with the listings configuration associating the channel with the
> guide data since EIT will only overwrite or add data--not remove future
> data.  Therefore, your good Schedules Direct data never makes it in for
> that channel.  This also means that you could well have EIT enabled on
> the other channels on the video source and it may be stomping all over
> the good Schedules Direct data.  So disabling EIT on the video source
> would actually solve this issue as well.

I did some additional checking this morning and there is a gap in the
listings here. Today is Wednesday, April 14^th (may or may not be
significant). Data listings:

Start

Fri

4.9

7:00 p.m.

End

Wed

4.14

7:00 p.m.

Start

Wed

4.21

7:00 p.m.

End

Sun

4.25

7:00 p.m.

All listings end

Mon

4.26

7:00 p.m.

So for some reason there is a 7 day gap. I also did a spot check and
there are unique programmes in the second part – IOW “part 2” isn’t the
same/a repeat of “part 1”. So doesn’t appear to be EIT data since such a
long term. I also still have the data for 6.6 turned off at
SchedulesDirect temporarily as part of the experiment.

Thanks for trying to help figure this out!

Barry