[mythtv-users] Can't enable plugin - MythMusic

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:23:10 UTC 2020

On 10/19/20 5:03 PM, Mary Strimel wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 5:42 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com <mailto:keemllib at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/19/20 4:29 PM, Mary Strimel wrote:
>     > You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
>     'default,
>     >  MODIFY filename varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL default ''' at line 1#012 #012new version: 1016
>
>     Sounds like an old version. mythfrontend --version will tell you
>     what you're running on (unless the distribution changes it.)
>

> Thank you - here is the info for my version:
> mary at mythbox:/var/log/mythtv$ mythfrontend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v31.0-v31.0
> MythTV Branch : fixes/31
> Network Protocol : 91
> Library API : 31.20200101-1
> QT Version : 5.12.5
>
>     The fix for that error was released July 16th 2020.
>     commit 167c8d56 Plugins/dbcheck: Replace CHARACTER SET 'default' with 'utf8'
>

> Given that I already have version 31, how do I get the post-July 16 version? Must I compile from source?  If so, I might need to scrap this
> plugin. My remote frontend is running on an android TV and I have never compiled anything for that platform before, not sure I want to try.

If you were a 'buntu user, then I'd do this:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/31
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade

I don't speak Mint, but a search for: linux mint ppa returned this

  https://www.pcworld.com/article/2942171/how-to-use-ppas-to-install-bleeding-edge-software-in-ubuntu-and-linux-mint.html

If that works, you don't need to build from source.

--
Bill