[mythtv-users] Can't enable plugin - MythMusic

Mary Strimel mary.strimel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:03:55 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 5:42 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/20 4:29 PM, Mary Strimel wrote:
> > You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
> to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'default,
> >  MODIFY filename varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL default ''' at
> line 1#012 #012new version: 1016
>
> Sounds like an old version. mythfrontend --version will tell you
> what you're running on (unless the distribution changes it.)

Thank you - here is the info for my version:
mary at mythbox:/var/log/mythtv$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v31.0-v31.0
MythTV Branch : fixes/31
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.12.5
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_libbluray_external
using_xrandr using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_vaapi
using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

> The fix for that error was released July 16th 2020.

Given that I already have version 31, how do I get the post-July 16
version? Must I compile from source?  If so, I might need to scrap this
plugin. My remote frontend is running on an android TV and I have never
compiled anything for that platform before, not sure I want to try.