[mythtv-users] working the kinks out after fixes/31 upgrade

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 19:04:27 UTC 2020

On 7/25/20 1:02 PM, Stephen Baker wrote:
> I just completed the upgrade to fixes/31 [v31.0-13-g2cd6ccb419]. The upgrade worked quite well. Thanks to all those that put great effort into
> making the upgrade process smooth. There were a couple instances of channels that did not map correctly moving from SD to XMLTV. That was a
> problem that I caused myself, making changes to the database outside the UI. I am currently down to one problem. I cannot get mythmetadatalookup
> to work. I have traced the problem as far as a python script. This is the test that fails.
>
> $ /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t
> Failed to import PyTMDB3 library. This should have been included with the python MythTV bindings.
>
> I suspect that the cause is either a missing package (Fedora 31) or something related to the python2 to python3 conversion.
>
> Does anyone have pointers to additional tests that can be performed or references to known resolutions?

The tmdb3 package is part of the MythTV Python bindings. Try this:

$ sudo updatedb && locate -b '\tmdb3'

I'd expect something *similar* to one of these

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3

The default Python selection at build time is python3 but it can be
changed. It's the --python switch for ./configure

Some scripts have their shebangs adjusted at build time based on the Python version
selected. An example for my hosts:

$ head -1 /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
#!/usr/bin/python3

The Python version should match the location in /usr/local/lib...
Type python3 (or python2 or python) --version to get yours.

--
Bill