[mythtv-users] working the kinks out after fixes/31 upgrade

Stephen Baker stephen at wildwood.baker.org
Sat Jul 25 18:02:02 UTC 2020

I just completed the upgrade to fixes/31 [v31.0-13-g2cd6ccb419]. The
upgrade worked quite well. Thanks to all those that put great effort
into making the upgrade process smooth. There were a couple instances
of channels that did not map correctly moving from SD to XMLTV. That
was a problem that I caused myself, making changes to the database
outside the UI. I am currently down to one problem. I cannot get
mythmetadatalookup to work. I have traced the problem as far as a
python script. This is the test that fails.
$ /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t Failed to import
PyTMDB3 library. This should have been included with the python MythTV
bindings.
I suspect that the cause is either a missing package (Fedora 31) or
something related to the python2 to python3 conversion.
Does anyone have pointers to additional tests that can be performed or
references to known resolutions?
Steve