[mythtv-users] mythtv-leanfront v0-46

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 12:28:30 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:21 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/18/19 8:23 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> > Just tested leanfront v0-46 on my Shield TV. I did NOT experience any
> > jerkiness that I had previously watching the same recording.
> >
> > In fact, I can't find anything wrong except for lack of playing a
> > recording in progress which has not been implemented.
> >
> > The manual skipping backwards and forwards works with the left and
> > right arrows as you'd expect.  The up and down arrows skip 5 minutes
> > backwards and forwards. It would be ideal if there was a setting so
> > the 5 minutes could be changed similar to the way the 60 seconds and
> > 20 seconds is controlled in settings.
> >
> > When you press the select button the menu pops up and if you press it
> > again you get a pause, press again and you get play. This is intuitive
> > however, when I thought about it the pause and play icon was not
> > highlighted so you don't really know that is what the pressing of
> > select would do.  For me it was not an issue once I just used it as
> > pause and play and didn't think about it. Once the playing resumes the
> > menu goes away and then you are back to the arrows meaning skipping.
> I am doing more work on the playback controls. Zoom is nearly ready.
> Also changing the way they work a bit, hopefully for the better.
> >
> > All works very nice. Since I didn't experience the jerkiness, I'll
> > start using leanfront more to see what else I can find.
> >
> > Jim A
> >

> I'm somewhat confused about the bookmarks in this release.  In previous
releases it worked as I expected. I'm setup for the mythtv scheme and not
local. So when I used to open leanfront the watched icons matched what I'd
see in mythfrontend.  Today on v0-46 I rewatched a recording that was
marked "watched" since my wife had watched it on another frontend.  When I
finished it was not marked watched anymore either in leanfront or back on
mythfrontend. I went back into mythfrontend and marked it watched and now
it's marked watched in leanfront again.

I've done more research on the out of order list of recording on leanfront.
The Pilot of Bluff City Law is always the furthermost right thumbnail even
when new episodes are recorded. The newest recording moves to second from
the end on the right. I can't see any file date issues but if I go to
mythfrontend and look at the list of episodes I see a difference.  The
pilot has the name of the episode in quotes followed by the episode number
(1x01) but next it has the recording date in parentheses whereas the other
episodes do not have the date in parentheses. All recordings have the date
and station name on the first line of the information but only the other of
order Pilot has that date in parentheses.

I'm puzzled by when leanfront refreshes it's list of recordings. I
apparently left leanfront by hitting home and not backing all the way out.
I then watch youtube.tv and this morning when I went to leanfront it was on
the screen I left last night and none of the new recordings were listed.  I
had to back out and restart leanfront.

Jim A