[mythtv-users] mythtv-leanfront v0-46

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 22:34:45 UTC 2019

On 18/11/2019 15:19, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 11/18/19 8:23 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>> Just tested leanfront v0-46 on my Shield TV. I did NOT experience any
>> jerkiness that I had previously watching the same recording.
>>
>> In fact, I can't find anything wrong except for lack of playing a
>> recording in progress which has not been implemented.
>>
>> The manual skipping backwards and forwards works with the left and
>> right arrows as you'd expect.  The up and down arrows skip 5 minutes
>> backwards and forwards. It would be ideal if there was a setting so
>> the 5 minutes could be changed similar to the way the 60 seconds and
>> 20 seconds is controlled in settings.
>>
>> When you press the select button the menu pops up and if you press it
>> again you get a pause, press again and you get play. This is intuitive
>> however, when I thought about it the pause and play icon was not
>> highlighted so you don't really know that is what the pressing of
>> select would do.  For me it was not an issue once I just used it as
>> pause and play and didn't think about it. Once the playing resumes the
>> menu goes away and then you are back to the arrows meaning skipping.
> I am doing more work on the playback controls. Zoom is nearly ready.
> Also changing the way they work a bit, hopefully for the better.
>>
>> All works very nice. Since I didn't experience the jerkiness, I'll
>> start using leanfront more to see what else I can find.
>>
>> Jim A

Yes, given an h264 recording that isn't interlaced this works really
well on the Firestick 4k. Unfortunately I don't know whether a DVB-T2 HD
recording is going to remain deinterlaced until I've played it though...

It has also quit after playing for 20 minutes.  I remember it doing that
when I first had it, and I fixed it then from here:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-set-custom-sleep-or-screensaver-times-on-the-amazon-fire-tv-or-stick-without-root/

but it seems to have forgotten.

John P