[mythtv-users] mythtv-leanfront v0-46

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 16:16:28 UTC 2019

On 11/19/19 7:28 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> I'm somewhat confused about the bookmarks in this release. In previous
> releases it worked as I expected. I'm setup for the mythtv scheme and
> not local. So when I used to open leanfront the watched icons matched
> what I'd see in mythfrontend.  Today on v0-46 I rewatched a recording
> that was marked "watched" since my wife had watched it on another
> frontend.  When I finished it was not marked watched anymore either in
> leanfront or back on mythfrontend. I went back into mythfrontend and
> marked it watched and now it's marked watched in leanfront again.

leanfront marks recordings as watched when you play or forward to the
end. It marks them unwatched when you start watching again. Perhaps this
is not the best way. This is inconsistent with mythfrontend, but I did
not have another way of resetting the watched indicator. I have not
figured out how to add a menu yet.
> I've done more research on the out of order list of recording on
> leanfront. The Pilot of Bluff City Law is always the furthermost right
> thumbnail even when new episodes are recorded. The newest recording
> moves to second from the end on the right. I can't see any file date
> issues but if I go to mythfrontend and look at the list of episodes I
> see a difference.  The pilot has the name of the episode in quotes
> followed by the episode number (1x01) but next it has the recording
> date in parentheses whereas the other episodes do not have the date in
> parentheses. All recordings have the date and station name on the
> first line of the information but only the other of order Pilot has
> that date in parentheses.
The sort is by original air date and then the recording date. The idea
is that if something was recorded on a rerun you will still see it in
the original sequence. If both dates match there is only one date
displayed. If they are different the recording date is not in
parentheses and the original air date is displayed in parentheses. Does
the pilot show two dates, one in parentheses? Perhaps the original air
date is wrong or missing on some episodes.

> I'm puzzled by when leanfront refreshes it's list of recordings. I
> apparently left leanfront by hitting home and not backing all the way
> out. I then watch youtube.tv <http://youtube.tv> and this morning when
> I went to leanfront it was on the screen I left last night and none of
> the new recordings were listed.  I had to back out and restart leanfront.

Refresh is a bit of a problem. It should refresh once per hour but only
on the main screen (the one that has the recording groups on the left an
the MythTV icon at the top). If you are on a group screen (group name or
All at the top) it would not refresh. So you should only need to back
out as far as the main screen. Perhaps that is not working.