[mythtv-users] Upgraded to fixes/30, nvidia vdpau displaying at wrong refresh rates [ In reply to ]

TimP mythtv at corky.co
Tue Nov 19 09:39:55 UTC 2019

It does seem to be the nvidia driver update causing this. There is a
ticket: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13100 "Handle Non Integer
Refresh Rates with XRandr (Fixing JudderFree)" pointing to a git pull
request with patches that works for me:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/142

The patched code changes from using nVidia's workaround for old RandR
that only supports integers to using the updated RandR with floating
point refresh rates. The ticket was closed two years ago as it had been
reported by Steven Ellis as breaking OpenGL playback. I don't know how
to test that as I only have nVidia cards for playback.

I've had to massage the patches to apply to v30, I can post if required
or add them to the git puil request 44. I could probably also redo for
the master branch though testing that might be difficult.

Cheers,

Tim.