[mythtv-users] Upgraded to fixes/30, nvidia vdpau displaying at wrong refresh rates [ In reply to ]

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 09:12:40 UTC 2019

On 14/11/2019 02:09, Mark Goldberg wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2019 you wrote:
>
>  >It's stopped working for me too, but I haven't upgraded. I'm still using
>  >29.1. My system is based on OpenSuSE Leap 15.1. I've updat other parts
>  >of the system fairly regularly. I don't know what's broken the fps
>  >setting, but it has nothing to do with v30 of MythTV in my case. I'm
>  >using nvidia drivers v390.129.
>  >
>  >I notice in mythfrontend's set up, I'm offered fps choices 50.000 Hz,
>  >51.000 Hz, 52.000 Hz. I'm sure it used to offer me the actual frame
>  >rates not the codes.
>
> I reported this issue some time ago, related to later versions of the
> Nvidia drivers:
>
> https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/596579
>
> I have not resolved it, just using the workaround in that thread for
> playing everything at 60p.
>
> Mark

As far as I can tell the frontend setup only shows the frame rate when

Frontend Setup > Appearance > 'Separate video modes for GUI and TV
playback'

is enabled.  I don't know when this would be appropriate, and don't
really see problems without it with rates of 50, 60 or 75 fps selected
through the OS or an nVidia panel.  Perhaps I just don't notice them on
the sort of content that I watch?  2019-render branch, in case this
affects things.

John P