[mythtv-users] BE3 - Issues with installation and database

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed May 15 22:55:12 UTC 2019

Hi Folks!

Doing a little snooping to see if I cold find the configuration error
(or at least I think so) for my my mariaDB is not loading and might be
because looking at 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and I think it should be
looking at 192.168.0.3 (Backend-3’s static address).

Didn’t really find anything other than this: mysqld --verbose --help

mysqld --verbose --help | grep -i 127

==> bind-address 127.0.0.1

Also gave an error Could not increase number of max_open_files to more
than 1024 (request: 4139)

(Didn’t find a ‘max_open’ nor ‘4139’ though.)

Remember seeing something about bind-address but not where. I haven’t
fiddled with anything other than nosing around. Half-figuring that files
at 4139 may be important, or at least need to be corrected. The number
isn’t significant to me.

TIA!

Barry