[mythtv-users] BE3 - Issues with installation and database

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed May 15 23:23:30 UTC 2019

On 5/15/19 5:55 PM, Barry Martin wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>
> Doing a little snooping to see if I cold find the configuration error (or at least I think so) for my my mariaDB is not loading and might be
> because looking at 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and I think it should be looking at 192.168.0.3 (Backend-3’s static address).
>
> Didn’t really find anything other than this: mysqld --verbose --help
>
> mysqld --verbose --help | grep -i 127
>
> ==> bind-address 127.0.0.1
>
> Also gave an error Could not increase number of max_open_files to more than 1024 (request: 4139)
>
> (Didn’t find a ‘max_open’ nor ‘4139’ though.)
>
> Remember seeing something about bind-address but not where. I haven’t fiddled with anything other than nosing around. Half-figuring that files
> at 4139 may be important, or at least need to be corrected. The number isn’t significant to me.

I didn't see a *full* error.log output Stephen requested. What does:

   sudo cat /var/log/mysql/error.log

say? Note that the file will have all of today's errors, you only need
to look at the latest attempt to start MariaDB (watch the timestamps.)

Putting the output in pastebin.com and adding a link to it here is nice.

--
Bill