[mythtv-users] hdhomerun pixelation

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:07:26 UTC 2019

On 2/24/19, Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently using 2 HDHR4-2US tuners that replaced 2 HDHR3-2US tuners.
> The HDHR3 tuners exhibited the drop every few minutes or so, causing
> pixellation as you described for one(real channel 46) of the 4 broadcast
> stations here. This was also a known problem with these tuners before the
> HDHR4 came out. In earlier versions of the firmware the glitches were
> longer, and more frequent.
>
> The HDHR4 tuners I currently use do not have this problem for any of the
> channels available locally.
>
> Every once in awhile, I do some testing with the HDHR3 tuners and I still
> see the problems with them using the latest firmware for the HDHR3.
>
> Regards.

I just saw this after I posted my reply. Very interesting, as this
sounds like it may in fact be the same thing I've experienced with NBC
out of NYC after they moved. To clarify one thing: I only use the
command line hdhomerun_config. When everyone refers to "symbol
quality" is that the same as the "seq" (signal error quality as I've
always understood) in the command line version?:

ch=8vsb:605000000 lock=8vsb ss=85 snq=82 seq=100 bps=8390816 pps=797

If so then what I've seen is in fact that same issue...where that
drops to 0 on occasion.

Thanks!
Tom