[mythtv-users] AVSync2 with sports

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:53:13 UTC 2019

On 2/16/19 2:01 PM, Tim Pletcher wrote:
> I was watching basketball today and I noticed the on-screen motion
> appeared to be jerky or hitching (source: LiveTV FOX 1280x720 at 59.94
> fps). The on-screen frame rate fluctuation was particularly apparent
> in the horizontal scrolling bar along the bottom of the screen. This
> is on a quad core Apollo lake system using VAAPI2 decoding with
> AVSync2 enabled with all four cores are staying below 25% utilization
> in Playback Data.  As an experiment, I disabled AVSync2 and found the
> legacy AVSync to be much smoother.
>
> Has anyone else noticed similar issues with AVSync2 and high motion
> source material like sports?

I wonder if this could have been the LiveTV problem of not catching up
after being started. Try pressing pause for a couple of seconds and then
unpause. There is a bug with Live TV and AVSync2 that was fixed in a
patch yesterday - after that patch you will no longer need to pause and
unpause to get it smooth, although it may take a minute or so to smooth
out after starting play.

Let me know if the pause and unpause fixes it.

Peter