[mythtv-users] AVSync2 with sports

Tim Pletcher pletchtd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:01:16 UTC 2019

I was watching basketball today and I noticed the on-screen motion appeared
to be jerky or hitching (source: LiveTV FOX 1280x720 at 59.94 fps). The
on-screen frame rate fluctuation was particularly apparent in the
horizontal scrolling bar along the bottom of the screen. This is on a quad
core Apollo lake system using VAAPI2 decoding with AVSync2 enabled with all
four cores are staying below 25% utilization in Playback Data.  As an
experiment, I disabled AVSync2 and found the legacy AVSync to be much
smoother.

Has anyone else noticed similar issues with AVSync2 and high motion source
material like sports?