[mythtv-users] Very Low Cost Frontend

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Dec 30 08:43:15 UTC 2019

>>> I've done a lot of testing recently. The RPi4 is an excellent backend
>>> with HDHR Quatro as a networked tuner. That gives you 4 tuners and the
>>> CPU horsepower to handle the recording using a USB3 SATA SSD or even
>>> hard drive.

Actually what I’d find more useful is
The lowest cost Frontend that works perfectly

Or even a graded breakdown

IE this costs 2 arms and a leg, but we rate it 10/10
This costs 1 arm and a leg but it gets 8/10
A neat RaPi4 setup gets 5/10 (whatever)

IE I use a mac frontend but compared to my samsung TV I would give the mac 5/10 and the samsung 9/10 for smoothness. Interlace is not visible on either.

James