[mythtv-users] UI questions on progress bar and remote button feedback sound

Jesse Osby jesse.osby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 19:21:10 UTC 2019

Hi, I'm investigating replacing my old BeyondTV setup with MythTV and
have a few questions about making the Myth frontend more like what I'm
accustomed to.

One is about the progress bar when playing back a recorded show.   The
bar in Myth looks like this - https://josby.photos/mythtv/myth.png -
while the bar in BeyondTV looks like this -
https://josby.photos/mythtv/beyondtv.png.  I.e. segments marked as
commercials are visible on the bar.   I can't find a Myth setting that
would enable this, and I also tried several different themes to see if
any would add it, but no luck.  Is this possible?

I discovered the MythPVR addon for Kodi shows chapter marks on its
progress bar, but found its FF/RW/jump performance to be poor, so I'd
prefer to use Mythfrontend.

The other thing is I'm used to a feedback "click" noise each time I
press a button on the remote in BeyondTV, but can't find a Myth
setting for this.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks