[mythtv-users] Shield TV OpenSLES vs. AudioTrack?

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 17:39:54 UTC 2019

On 12/19/19 4:38 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> So with the Shield working fine and mythtv-frontend playing great
> video and audio under OpenSLES I went into setting and changed to
> AudioTrack and selected the Digital content type. Surround was already
> selected in the Android setting and set to automatically choose based
> on content.
>
> I used the Setup Wizard High Definition test video as a test case.  It
> played, but no sound. If I switch just the AudioTrack back to
> OpenSLES, then it works fine.
>
> So I'm not sure where to go with this.
>
> Jim A

I don't know if the setup wizard works correctly. I suggest try with
some recordings. If the sound breaks up, try turning off the sound
system and see what you can hear through the TV speakers. this will tell
if the problem is in the Shield or in the connection between TV and
sound system.

Another question - does your setup play correctly with leanfront or
other applications? This may help narrow down the problem.