[mythtv-users] Version 30.0 and toggle bookmarks confusion

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 21:08:30 UTC 2019

On 4/26/19 4:17 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> While I haven't actually read any discussions that may have gone on as
> to handling this, I was curious if anyone considered something like
> this to actually create the key bindings for existing frontends, and
> then to delete the obsolete setting:
>
> INSERT IGNORE INTO keybindings (context, action, keylist, hostname)
> SELECT 'TV Playback', 'TOGGLEBOOKMARK', 'Return,Enter,Space', hostname
> FROM settings WHERE value='AltClearSavedPosition' AND data='1';
>
> INSERT IGNORE INTO keybindings (context, action, keylist, hostname)
> SELECT 'TV Playback', 'SETBOOKMARK', 'Return,Enter,Space', hostname
> FROM settings WHERE value='AltClearSavedPosition' AND data='0';
>
> DELETE FROM settings WHERE value='AltClearSavedPosition';
>
> I'm not sure if there's any problem with that or not, though I don't
> think so offhand. For each frontend hostname, only one of the first
> two would do anything.
If you run this on a system that was already upgraded it will not work
because the AltClearSavedPosition has already been deleted. On a system
that has not yet been upgraded to V30 the code should now handle this
for you automatically, although it is not deleting
AltClearSavedPosition. That still being there will not cause a problem.

I will at a later stage add code to delete the no longer used
AltClearSavedPosition, but first making sure that the new settings were
added.