[mythtv-users] Version 30.0 and toggle bookmarks confusion

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 21:03:07 UTC 2019

On 4/26/19 2:34 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> Thanks! Just to clarify, I see that what you did was to remove that
> update that was deleting the AltClearSavedPosition entry from the
> settings table, which means by default the SELECT keys will be
> automatically mapped to either SETBOOKMARK or TOGGLEBOOKMARK based on
> that existing setting.
>
> The only thing I'm a little unclear on is as to how those defaults can
> get overridden by actual key bindings. For example, say someone adds
> key bindings using one or more of those SELECT keys for something else
> in TV Playback (which seems to be the original reason for this change
> in the first place). Would those overwrite these default bookmark
> bindings?
I hope not!
There are two new key bindings for V30: "Add Bookmark" and "Toggle
Bookmark". The old setting "AltClearSavedPosition" is no longer used.
The code will set up the two new settings based on the old setting, only
the first time the frontend is started on V30, and only if the frontend
was already used before. After that, there will already be settings in
the database for "Add bookmark" and "toggle bookmark", even if they are
empty settings, and they will not be added again.

You can now set the SELECT keys to anything you wish in frontend. They
will not be overwritten because the REG_KEY only adds them if they are
not already there.

If anything does not work this way, let me know.

Peter