[mythtv-users] Version 30.0 and toggle bookmarks confusion

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 20:17:16 UTC 2019

On 4/26/19, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/26/19, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have committed a change to master and fixes/30 to address the problem.
>> People upgrading from 29 to 30 after this change will have the bookmark
>> assignment preserved on existing frontends. Unfortunately people who
>> have already upgraded or who upgrade using an older version of v30 will
>> have to setup their bookmark keys again.
>>
>> Sorry about the confusion. I had added a comment that an old setting
>> should be removed on the next database upgrade but unfortunately I did
>> not supply the necessary upgrade code that was needed to go with it to
>> convert the old setting to the new one.
>>
>> Peter
>
> Thanks! Just to clarify, I see that what you did was to remove that
> update that was deleting the AltClearSavedPosition entry from the
> settings table, which means by default the SELECT keys will be
> automatically mapped to either SETBOOKMARK or TOGGLEBOOKMARK based on
> that existing setting.
>
> The only thing I'm a little unclear on is as to how those defaults can
> get overridden by actual key bindings. For example, say someone adds
> key bindings using one or more of those SELECT keys for something else
> in TV Playback (which seems to be the original reason for this change
> in the first place). Would those overwrite these default bookmark
> bindings?
>
> Thanks!
> Tom

While I haven't actually read any discussions that may have gone on as
to handling this, I was curious if anyone considered something like
this to actually create the key bindings for existing frontends, and
then to delete the obsolete setting:

INSERT IGNORE INTO keybindings (context, action, keylist, hostname)
SELECT 'TV Playback', 'TOGGLEBOOKMARK', 'Return,Enter,Space', hostname
FROM settings WHERE value='AltClearSavedPosition' AND data='1';

INSERT IGNORE INTO keybindings (context, action, keylist, hostname)
SELECT 'TV Playback', 'SETBOOKMARK', 'Return,Enter,Space', hostname
FROM settings WHERE value='AltClearSavedPosition' AND data='0';

DELETE FROM settings WHERE value='AltClearSavedPosition';

I'm not sure if there's any problem with that or not, though I don't
think so offhand. For each frontend hostname, only one of the first
two would do anything.

Tom