[mythtv-users] Harmony remote update method

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:30:23 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 5:39 AM Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> Sigh. Just when I thought it was all going so smoothly...
>
> I have recently bought a new TV and need to reprogram my Harmony 650
> remote for it.
>
> Unfortunately, the website I previously used (
> http://members.harmonyremote.com/) now has some kind
> of squatter on it and is apparently defunct.
>
> A search leads me to: https://www.myharmony.com/en-gb/ which in turn asks
> me to download a Windows
> or Mac program in order to log in.
>
> I don't have access to either of those, but I didn't before. Then I
> installed a program called
> "congruity" which sat behind the web page and processed the downloaded
> files as if it were the
> Windows thing.
>
> Now, I can't even create a new login on the new system, since it wants to
> use this useless Windows
> program to do it.
>
> Can somebody tell me the secret incantation to get this thing working? I'm
> sure I can't be the only
> person on the list that has to do this. The information on the wiki is
> relatively old and tells me
> nothing about the actual process of getting to the website in the first
> place.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

When they switched to "My Harmony" from the "Logitech Harmony Remote"
software, they did kill the ability to use Congruity.  You can download and
install Windows 10 without a license (definitely long enough to get My
Harmony installed and provision your remote(s).

Just download the DVD and run it in qemu or vbox.

-Greg