[mythtv-users] Harmony remote update method

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 17:15:07 UTC 2018

On 22/11/2018 12:38, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Sigh. Just when I thought it was all going so smoothly...
>
> I have recently bought a new TV and need to reprogram my Harmony 650
> remote for it.
>
> Unfortunately, the website I previously used
> (http://members.harmonyremote.com/) now has some kind of squatter on it
> and is apparently defunct.
>
> A search leads me to: https://www.myharmony.com/en-gb/ which in turn
> asks me to download a Windows or Mac program in order to log in.

Another possible avenue is to run the Windows program under Wine. When I
first tried doing this I could not get it to log in but with recent Wine
updates this does now work. What still does not work for me is the
communication between the application and the remote via USB, so it is
still not a practical option. But since I still have a Win7 laptop I
have not tried very hard to get this to work. Perhaps you have more
motivation and determination and can get it to work.