[mythtv-users] Parts of mythtv can access DB, others can't. Version 30.

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 18:38:05 UTC 2018

On 06/04/2018 01:27 AM, Ian Richardson wrote:
> I just changed all instances of 192.168.1.234 to 127.0.0.,1 in all
> instances of config.xml. mythwelcome then picked up my theme. Progress,
> although not what I expected. More promising was that mythfilldatabase
> worked.
>
> But it wasn't until I amended all references in mythconverg.settings
> (MariaDB [mythconverg]> update settings set data = '127.0.0.1' where data =
> '192.168.1.234';) that mythwelcome and mythfrontend came back to life...
>
> None of these changes were necessary with version 29 last week. I could
> have probably stuck with 29 if I hadn't changed all the IP addresses.
> Something has definitely crept in to break mythttv.
>
> OK, looks like there's a separate issue with mythtv-status, though.
>
> I've had the 012QMYSQL3 errors for a long time, although the DB is fine (as
> far as all the checks are concerned), and this has never caused me any
> issues in mythtv

The address/hostname in config.xml is for connecting to the SQL server *only*.
It isn't the same as the DB hostname column in settings, although it can be.

The hostname settings is really a profile name.

Changing it only in settings misses the other tables it's used in. That's what
the section on changing the hostname at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
is for.

A common settings.hostname issue comes up when a DB is ported from a different
host to a new one with a new name. Or, when the host's name is changed. *Not*
saying that that's what happened here. Readers have no idea if other DB changes
were made outside of MythTV.

This will show you what other profiles you've used:

     SELECT DISTINCT hostname FROM settings ORDER BY hostname;

If there's one that matches the log you posted elsewhere, that's what would
be used. See this line in the current logs:

     ... Using localhost value of babylon

It's most likely that it's the hostname used in other tables.

--
Bill