[mythtv-users] Parts of mythtv can access DB, others can't. Version 30.

Ian Richardson grandmastermarclar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:27:47 UTC 2018

I just changed all instances of 192.168.1.234 to 127.0.0.,1 in all
instances of config.xml. mythwelcome then picked up my theme. Progress,
although not what I expected. More promising was that mythfilldatabase
worked.

But it wasn't until I amended all references in mythconverg.settings
(MariaDB [mythconverg]> update settings set data = '127.0.0.1' where data =
'192.168.1.234';) that mythwelcome and mythfrontend came back to life...

None of these changes were necessary with version 29 last week. I could
have probably stuck with 29 if I hadn't changed all the IP addresses.
Something has definitely crept in to break mythttv.

OK, looks like there's a separate issue with mythtv-status, though.

I've had the 012QMYSQL3 errors for a long time, although the DB is fine (as
far as all the checks are concerned), and this has never caused me any
issues in mythtv.

Thanks,

Ian